Topic 2: My favorite person - Tetsuya Nomura

 Tetsuya Nomura is a Japanese video game artist, designer, and director working with Square Enix. He is born on October 8, 1970. When he was younger he was interested in art and video games, influenced by his father, he started drawing at an early age and started to take an interest in drawing board games. His father promised him a computer and Tetsuya Nomura was invested in Legends of Star Arthur: Planet Mephius. Tetsuya started to learn programming and make games on his computer until he played Dragon Quest. He was astonished because Dragon Quest is the first game that Nomura played with a storytelling element. 


 Tetsuya started his career in Square as a debugger for a game called Final Fantasy. After some time he gained some art training from a game designer, Tetsuya Takahashi. Nomura then drew and design monsters for Final Fantasy titles. His drawings impressed the directors and make him the Graphics Director of Final Fantasy VI. He then asked to design a character for Final Fantasy VII. He made a fan favorite character named Cloud following the success of the game in the late 90s. In the early 2000s
he directed a game called Kingdom Hearts, a cooperation with Disney and Square Enix. He designed Sora a protagonist in Kingdom Hearts and became his favorite designed character so far.


 He inspired me to start game design and drawing altogether, His art and games are my favorites in the Square Enix library of games. Nomura is my idol, as a game designer and an artist his games changed my perspective of life. I am working very hard to follow his footsteps and to become a game designer and direct my own game in the future. Tetsuya Nomura has awakened a passion in me to start designing and let my artistic motive lead me to game design in college.


References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetsuya_Nomura
   

Published by: Norman Adam Bin Norazali









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Topic 1: Up Movie Review

Topic 2: My favourite person - Daniel William Sooman